TOPBUXUS XenTari® Raupen- und Zünslerfrei
Against Boxwood caterpillars
New packaging and dosage in 2021! 5x 3g for a total of 150m2
- Biological control of the Boxwood caterpillar and Boxwood moth
- Professional dosage – 1 sachet of 3 grams can be dissolved in 3 Litres of water, this is sufficient for 30m2
- Easy to use
- Treat all your Buxus immediately if caterpillars are observed
- Can be mixed with TOPBUXUS Health-Mix - so you can easily and efficiently tackle both the Boxwood caterpillar and Box blight in 1 effort
- TOPBUXUS XenTari® Raupen- & Zünslerfrei is 100% safe for humans and other animals, like bees and (young) birds which feed on the treated caterpillars
TOPBUXUS XenTari® is no longer available for the Netherlands.
From 2021 we have a new product against Boxwood Caterpillar for the Dutch market: TOPBUXUS Anti Rups®
To place an order from abroad, please create an account and fill in your address, then the product will become available for purchase.
XenTari® is a biological insecticide containing a natural, potent strain of the microorganism Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies aizawai (Bta) that controls caterpillar pest.
Mix the micro-granules with water. Ideally 3 gram for 3 litre of water for 30 m² of boxwood surface. Thoroughly spray the upper and under sides of the leaves to make spraying effective.
When a caterpillar eats the treated leaves, it ingests the “Cry” proteins from XenTari. The protein crystals are solubilized in the gut of the caterpillar and gut cells are irreparably damaged. Once this damage occurs, Bta spores enter through the gut wall and germinate rapidly in the body cavity causing blood poisoning. The larvae then die in 1-3 days.
When a caterpillar eats the XenTari-treated leaves, its feeding stops within 1 hour. Although affected caterpillars die in a couple of days, the damage to the boxwood stops after 1 hour.
Note: the caterpillars die only after they have eaten from the treated leaf. Sometimes the caterpillars do not start eating immediately, so they will not die immediately but do not cause any damage either.
With its highly specific activity and natural origin, XenTari does not harm important beneficial insects such as bees for pollination, insect predators, and parasites used in control of other insect pests. XenTari is also not harmful to humans, wildlife or the environment.
Preferably treat the plants if the temperature is above 15°C.
Repeat the treatment after 1 to 2 weeks.
XenTari can be used in combination with TOPBUXUS HEALTH-MIX.
Before use carefully read the label and all instructions inside the packaging !